ATTENTION ALL GIRLS AND LADIES: if you walk from home, school, office or anywhere and you are alone and you come across a little boy crying holding a piece of paper with an address on it, DO NOT TAKE HIM THERE! take him straight to the police station for this is the new ‘gang’ way of rape. The incident is getting worse. Warn your families. Reblog this so this message can get accross to everyone.
I will always reblog things like this, it won’t ruin your blog or the look of it, and this could potentially save a life.
ive gotten chased / followed home a couple of times. people be careful be aware!
It is sad and completely fucked up that this is one more things women have to worry about. This is what I am talking about when I talk about rape culture.
The fact that I have to now think about this if I see a child and wish to help. The fact that I have to think about the various different ways that I could defend myself if needed when walking alone. That I have to pay attention and plan my root. That I feel the need to look around and see what stores are open and what homes have people in them in case I need to run. That I don’t feel comfortable just blaring my headphones and walking blissfully unaware of my surroundings. That I have my freshman P.E. teacher in my head every time I go out, telling me that I can use my keys, that I need to look alert, to look around corners.
Tell me men, has any of this occurred to you when you go out? Do you think maybe we can come to a place where this doesn’t have to be common place for women? Cause that would be great.
JUST FOR THE RECORD THIS IS A HOAX (more info: http://www.hoax-slayer.com/gang-member-child-lure-warning.shtml )
HOWEVER, Even if it is a hoax, it is pretty sound advice :T I mean, you don’t know a kid’s home life, let alone what happened if they ran away or were left there or just got lost, who knows? I personally have no doubt that something like this has happened some where and you have to remember that, according to RAINN, roughly 54% of sexual assaults are not reported to police. As that hoax site mentioned “If you do encounter a lost child isolated on the side of the road, it would probably be wiser to contact police rather than take the child home both for the child’s safety and that of your own.” But as they also said don’t focus on one potential threat, NEVER focus on just one.
Eyes and Ears ladies, keep aware. (And I completely agree that rape culture is sucky bullshit… ugh.)
- infinitelyexo-m reblogged this from katkitty3
- thestoryofamisfit reblogged this from niallthirstquenchers
- nerd-highfive reblogged this from holpehapple
- heygurl123--- reblogged this from lol-lets-snuggle
- theofficalsuicidered reblogged this from br0kenwallflower
- crinkle-by-ur-eye reblogged this from t-ropicali-x
- velvetstrawberry reblogged this from who-the-fuck-let-me-have-a-blog
- velvetstrawberry likes this
- biancanm likes this
- biancanm reblogged this from eldritch-allure
- seppukul likes this
- tigerswittlecub likes this
- daddyspuppyprincess likes this
- daddyspuppyprincess reblogged this from dogcatcher72
- safelovedwise reblogged this from therearenoordinarypeople
- awesomeperson211 reblogged this from loofie
- anotherrealityplease reblogged this from falloutassbutt
- glacierserendipity reblogged this from sweetyaoiworld
- boniebelle reblogged this from didyousaymichaelclifford
- boniebelle likes this
- miss-underst00d reblogged this from realityrealm
- staff-of-harmony reblogged this from trippy--duck
- the-felines-of-nights reblogged this from asktropicalenders
- michaelasings reblogged this from misscraic
- what-defines-me97 likes this
- imnot-witty reblogged this from breebailey99
- breebailey99 reblogged this from thewickedwizardofoz
- thewickedwizardofoz reblogged this from breebailey99
- oliviahoran5sos reblogged this from magcon-preferences
- misscraic reblogged this from 5sosausages
- illnevermissthislife reblogged this from whitelaceblackvelvet
- realityrealm reblogged this from elvenbutterflies
- victoria---351m likes this
- nerdbird201 likes this
- mmmoriar-tea likes this
- all-i-say-is-all-i-know reblogged this from thynspo-love
- dogcatcher72 reblogged this from tinkastinka
- dogcatcher72 likes this
- iamkremena likes this
- iamkremena reblogged this from glammodels
- guardian-angel-food-cake reblogged this from jagroar
- fight4selflove reblogged this from blonddancingchick
- fallforyyou reblogged this from gpayno
- yaddayaddayaddaaa reblogged this from mrsniallhoran505
- wordsbytheuk reblogged this from conversations-with-assassins
- johnnnnnyb reblogged this from ohsodreadful