ATTENTION ALL GIRLS AND LADIES: if you walk from home, school, office or anywhere and you are alone and you come across a little boy crying holding a piece of paper with an address on it, DO NOT TAKE HIM THERE! take him straight to the police station for this is the new ‘gang’ way of rape. The incident is getting worse. Warn your families. Reblog this so this message can get accross to everyone.
I will always reblog things like this, it won’t ruin your blog or the look of it, and this could potentially save a life.
ive gotten chased / followed home a couple of times. people be careful be aware!
It is sad and completely fucked up that this is one more things women have to worry about. This is what I am talking about when I talk about rape culture.
The fact that I have to now think about this if I see a child and wish to help. The fact that I have to think about the various different ways that I could defend myself if needed when walking alone. That I have to pay attention and plan my root. That I feel the need to look around and see what stores are open and what homes have people in them in case I need to run. That I don’t feel comfortable just blaring my headphones and walking blissfully unaware of my surroundings. That I have my freshman P.E. teacher in my head every time I go out, telling me that I can use my keys, that I need to look alert, to look around corners.
Tell me men, has any of this occurred to you when you go out? Do you think maybe we can come to a place where this doesn’t have to be common place for women? Cause that would be great.
JUST FOR THE RECORD THIS IS A HOAX (more info: http://www.hoax-slayer.com/gang-member-child-lure-warning.shtml )
HOWEVER, Even if it is a hoax, it is pretty sound advice :T I mean, you don’t know a kid’s home life, let alone what happened if they ran away or were left there or just got lost, who knows? I personally have no doubt that something like this has happened some where and you have to remember that, according to RAINN, roughly 54% of sexual assaults are not reported to police. As that hoax site mentioned “If you do encounter a lost child isolated on the side of the road, it would probably be wiser to contact police rather than take the child home both for the child’s safety and that of your own.” But as they also said don’t focus on one potential threat, NEVER focus on just one.
Eyes and Ears ladies, keep aware. (And I completely agree that rape culture is sucky bullshit… ugh.)
- raychelledunn likes this
- crymetwoponds reblogged this from a-random-depressed-teen
- potatocheezu reblogged this from yours-truly-t
- cluelessteen14 reblogged this from devoted-to-islam
- swag-is-art reblogged this from theonefromthesun
- pyramideoflife reblogged this from thinymetisse
- pyramideoflife likes this
- ummaimaan reblogged this from devoted-to-islam
- devoted-to-islam reblogged this from uyaneygozlerim
- devoted-to-islam likes this
- bambipetals likes this
- the-everythingofyourexistence reblogged this from keysex
- isthatthegirlfromgymclass reblogged this from keysex
- keysex reblogged this from jinkibooty
- the-aliens-built-the-pyramids reblogged this from mineral-minds
- bluedreame30 reblogged this from pisces-pisces-pisces
- howl-to-the-night reblogged this from maybluebird
- franzikwan likes this
- mez-mer reblogged this from ultimatefangirlalltheway
- ultimatefangirlalltheway reblogged this from snapbackvic
- ultimatefangirlalltheway likes this
- snapbackvic reblogged this from biersack-radke-14
- snapbackvic likes this
- biersack-radke-14 reblogged this from foreverlovingbands
- foreverlovingbands reblogged this from paigehiggins42
- nerdy-farm-girl reblogged this from bubblyflames
- doodlestruck reblogged this from sirlionel13
- avenuescripts reblogged this from leungdrawstoo
- avenuescripts likes this
- bubblyflames reblogged this from stayingindoors
- lifeamsdildos reblogged this from stayingindoors
- drawnoncatwhiskers reblogged this from lopez--lauren
- sirlionel13 reblogged this from leungdrawstoo
- randomthings11 likes this
- leungdrawstoo reblogged this from practically-charmed
- practically-charmed reblogged this from rosegoldexile
- phonypsychic likes this
- leni1803 likes this
- wcollararrowoblack likes this
- wanderlustandballet reblogged this from myshxttyblog
- verydefinitelyawoman reblogged this from andallthewineisallforme
- moosewingchester reblogged this from deadinthemoon
- deadinthemoon reblogged this from bitchwithwifixx
- 25shadesoffebruary reblogged this from rosegoldexile
- missknowitall96 reblogged this from bitchwithwifixx
- missknowitall96 likes this
- niandra1ades reblogged this from stylinsilver