ATTENTION ALL GIRLS AND LADIES: if you walk from home, school, office or anywhere and you are alone and you come across a little boy crying holding a piece of paper with an address on it, DO NOT TAKE HIM THERE! take him straight to the police station for this is the new ‘gang’ way of rape. The incident is getting worse. Warn your families. Reblog this so this message can get accross to everyone.
I will always reblog things like this, it won’t ruin your blog or the look of it, and this could potentially save a life.
ive gotten chased / followed home a couple of times. people be careful be aware!
It is sad and completely fucked up that this is one more things women have to worry about. This is what I am talking about when I talk about rape culture.
The fact that I have to now think about this if I see a child and wish to help. The fact that I have to think about the various different ways that I could defend myself if needed when walking alone. That I have to pay attention and plan my root. That I feel the need to look around and see what stores are open and what homes have people in them in case I need to run. That I don’t feel comfortable just blaring my headphones and walking blissfully unaware of my surroundings. That I have my freshman P.E. teacher in my head every time I go out, telling me that I can use my keys, that I need to look alert, to look around corners.
Tell me men, has any of this occurred to you when you go out? Do you think maybe we can come to a place where this doesn’t have to be common place for women? Cause that would be great.
JUST FOR THE RECORD THIS IS A HOAX (more info: http://www.hoax-slayer.com/gang-member-child-lure-warning.shtml )
HOWEVER, Even if it is a hoax, it is pretty sound advice :T I mean, you don’t know a kid’s home life, let alone what happened if they ran away or were left there or just got lost, who knows? I personally have no doubt that something like this has happened some where and you have to remember that, according to RAINN, roughly 54% of sexual assaults are not reported to police. As that hoax site mentioned “If you do encounter a lost child isolated on the side of the road, it would probably be wiser to contact police rather than take the child home both for the child’s safety and that of your own.” But as they also said don’t focus on one potential threat, NEVER focus on just one.
Eyes and Ears ladies, keep aware. (And I completely agree that rape culture is sucky bullshit… ugh.)
- demuira reblogged this from blowmekisses1234
- rishaislame likes this
- lexiisapenguin reblogged this from magconhotties
- lexiisapenguin likes this
- homo-sentient reblogged this from dangerousmemer
- dangerousmemer reblogged this from kioo-love
- dangerousmemer likes this
- its-only-clockwork reblogged this from selfieculturelevel9000
- youngforever1768 likes this
- karlitaa-x likes this
- belikeaballerina reblogged this from justlistensmileagree
- kioo-love reblogged this from musicmade4us
- drop-pants-not-bombs reblogged this from andrevxts
- shitinthebasket reblogged this from yodaddyish
- yodaddyish reblogged this from andrevxts
- heartbreaksandhandjobs reblogged this from cumcitybitch
- weaselandafox likes this
- kristinmthomas reblogged this from andrevxts
- biodron reblogged this from cumcitybitch
- itsjhovanaaa reblogged this from andrevxts
- disasters-and-hilarity likes this
- cumcitybitch reblogged this from coolstoryfuckface
- andrevxts reblogged this from ninamakesheartsbeat
- bekiwii reblogged this from lookatallthishitinevergetdone
- katarella likes this
- neromagick reblogged this from brinooooorawr
- neromagick likes this
- ritualblaziken reblogged this from the-pastel-mermaid
- justalittleblogaboutlifeandstuff reblogged this from life-according-to-dee
- life-according-to-dee reblogged this from youcanthavemyurlsorry
- hemmingsnirvanashirt reblogged this from magconconfessions
- yesmrsstyles23 reblogged this from h0tunicorn
- you-feel-bro reblogged this from westsidecarrot
- lexi0212 likes this
- lexi0212 reblogged this from vinerboysx
- ohpreshi likes this
- ninamakesheartsbeat reblogged this from pareentaladvisory
- weightofafeather reblogged this from westsidecarrot
- birds-of-a-feather-or-whatever reblogged this from f-a-d-e-d--memories
- skelet0ininthecl0set reblogged this from l-u-x-u-r-e
- westsidecarrot reblogged this from graciouslarry
- tinekedavis reblogged this from magcon-preferences
- invisible-mouth reblogged this from chicaqowhite
- doragirl97 reblogged this from l-u-x-u-r-e
- doragirl97 likes this
- foreverfriendlang reblogged this from chicaqowhite
- foreverfriendlang likes this
- j-j-juicy likes this
- fuck-cutie-patootie reblogged this from emmaidek