ATTENTION ALL GIRLS AND LADIES: if you walk from home, school, office or anywhere and you are alone and you come across a little boy crying holding a piece of paper with an address on it, DO NOT TAKE HIM THERE! take him straight to the police station for this is the new ‘gang’ way of rape. The incident is getting worse. Warn your families. Reblog this so this message can get accross to everyone.
I will always reblog things like this, it won’t ruin your blog or the look of it, and this could potentially save a life.
ive gotten chased / followed home a couple of times. people be careful be aware!
It is sad and completely fucked up that this is one more things women have to worry about. This is what I am talking about when I talk about rape culture.
The fact that I have to now think about this if I see a child and wish to help. The fact that I have to think about the various different ways that I could defend myself if needed when walking alone. That I have to pay attention and plan my root. That I feel the need to look around and see what stores are open and what homes have people in them in case I need to run. That I don’t feel comfortable just blaring my headphones and walking blissfully unaware of my surroundings. That I have my freshman P.E. teacher in my head every time I go out, telling me that I can use my keys, that I need to look alert, to look around corners.
Tell me men, has any of this occurred to you when you go out? Do you think maybe we can come to a place where this doesn’t have to be common place for women? Cause that would be great.
JUST FOR THE RECORD THIS IS A HOAX (more info: http://www.hoax-slayer.com/gang-member-child-lure-warning.shtml )
HOWEVER, Even if it is a hoax, it is pretty sound advice :T I mean, you don’t know a kid’s home life, let alone what happened if they ran away or were left there or just got lost, who knows? I personally have no doubt that something like this has happened some where and you have to remember that, according to RAINN, roughly 54% of sexual assaults are not reported to police. As that hoax site mentioned “If you do encounter a lost child isolated on the side of the road, it would probably be wiser to contact police rather than take the child home both for the child’s safety and that of your own.” But as they also said don’t focus on one potential threat, NEVER focus on just one.
Eyes and Ears ladies, keep aware. (And I completely agree that rape culture is sucky bullshit… ugh.)
- basically-eva reblogged this from nash-or-nah
- 5econd-8reakfast-9lease reblogged this from styrofoamsilhouettes
- taylormaritouchet reblogged this from nash-or-nah and added:
- taylormaritouchet likes this
- anahaskandi reblogged this from life-breaks-you and added:
- madisonaughton reblogged this from broken-suicidal-reality
- madisonaughton likes this
- beyourownsenpai reblogged this from angelaltar1
- skywalkerrr reblogged this from realisticdreams
- rosedestropiques reblogged this from totally-fashion
- like-raven-like-writing-desk reblogged this from hope-for-the-hopeless-danielle
- angelaltar1 reblogged this from hope-for-the-hopeless-danielle
- dontwanttofly reblogged this from eleanorcalderguide
- thisbadassery reblogged this from littlepinkrosebuds
- realisticdreams reblogged this from letsgetpizza
- realisticdreams likes this
- stylesilovez reblogged this from eleanorcalderguide
- ladygagaismyvenus reblogged this from harrysguy
- ladygagaismyvenus likes this
- friends-for-infinity reblogged this from potatowutt
- friends-for-infinity likes this
- totally-fashion reblogged this from giftswithoutterms
- totally-fashion likes this
- 1originalgirl reblogged this from eleanorcalderguide and added:
- makaylee1999 likes this
- makaylee1999 reblogged this from nash-or-nah
- httpfinity reblogged this from my-dreamy-neverland
- aninfinitelyblankbook likes this
- dauntlessmelody reblogged this from 5sosmcflyandatl
- mediumchai reblogged this from trouserparty
- trouserparty reblogged this from terriblemustard
- theonlyleftydesk reblogged this from internetexplorers
- golden-poppy-crafts likes this
- hope-for-the-hopeless-danielle reblogged this from angelaltar1
- hope-for-the-hopeless-danielle likes this
- yess-5h reblogged this from jasminewalden
- miisuli reblogged this from broken-suicidal-reality
- nash-or-nah reblogged this from tiffbeatty
- nash-or-nah likes this
- imsmilingbecauseican reblogged this from extraordinary-in-the-ordinary
- i-wont-give-up-yet-baby reblogged this from life-breaks-you
- tiredandnumb likes this
- billclintonforever reblogged this from cutecrab and added:
- keiko-cha likes this
- billclintonforever likes this
- ohmypunkmore reblogged this from 5sosmcflyandatl
- rawfreshed likes this
- zcandy likes this
- sweaterpaws-quality reblogged this from canongirlxo